Hi everybody, The Crested Butte MTB trip is close! The Riding in Butte is great and it will be nice to get away from the 90+deg temps for a few days and ride in the trees. Here is the info you will need to join up with the Believers On MTB’s group.
The Info I have found is listed below regarding trails, lodging, and camping. It is going to be up to each group that decides to go to make their own reservations or carpooling plans. I will keep you informed of my families plans and hope to see lots of you show up for some awesome rides and some good times of fellowship together as always. It would be helpful to have a rough head count as to who is planning to come on this trip. The week before the trip i will send out one final email to the group with final trail/ride schedule details of which you can participate in or not as you please.
– Dates July 10th to July 14th (wed to sun).
– Lodging options are limited in Butte but there are 3 camp grounds with low nightly fees, and there are always condo rentals if you and a couple friends want to share the costs.
– Camp Grounds, Note that Gothic camp does not have potable water.
The closest is cement creek at about 9 miles from Butte with the cost of $14 per site/night, has vaulted toilets, and water, 13 sites.
Lake Irwin is about 45 minutes out of town and has 35 sites and looks awesome but note that you will have to drive into Butte for each ride.
Cement Creek Campground
Lake Irwin Campground
-Other lodging- Condos and rentals can be found at www.vrbo.com
-There are only a few select hotels/motels/B&B’s in Butte and it seems that they have limited available rooms at any given time during summer break. Best bet is to Google Crested Butte lodging to get most resent info on availability.
– No group meals have been planed as of yet however if someone wants to plan one for fri or sat evening please make your self known and I’m sure that would be greatly appreciated by the group. This could even just be a time and place in town to have a group dinner out or pizza at a camp site.
– Rides, Now for the best stuff! Group ride options will be offered for Thurs, Fri, Sat,
We will plan to ride the #401 trail Friday or Saturday depending on what days people are arriving in town, Snodgrass trail #590 is a good short ride that we can connect to a couple other short sections of riding right near town. There are also about 5 trails near the Cement creek camp area that we may want to check out. I will plan to get a little more info from a few other guys that have ridden Butte as to what trails we might add to our list.
So please reply to Adam Hayes with info on who will make it to Butte for this mtb trip at email@example.com Those joining will receive a final email with more clear ride details the week prior to the trip.
Thanks and we hope to see lots of riders this July in Butte